The Electric Distribution Department includes positions such as Superintendent, Linemen, Journeyman Linemen and Apprentice Linemen.
The City's Power Plant personnel includes positions such as Superintendent, assistant superintendent, boiler firemen, and apprentice boiler firemen.
The Department maintains and operates the electric generation equipment, four substations, and the interconnection which ties the City's electric system to the Western Resources, Inc. electric system.
When demand for WRI electricity is highest in the hot summer months, the City may purchase electricity from WRI at a much lower rate. This low cost energy means big savings for citizens and commercial/industrial customers.
- Maintenance of over 95 miles of line
- Traffic signals, street lights, community buildings, city ball diamonds
- Replacement of electric lines, poles, facilities
- Tree trimming and light replacement
- Installing Christmas decoration and square banners
- Work with Farm City Days and the Allen County Fair