The following information is provided to victims of Domestic Violence as required by Kansas State Statute:
- Police Reports on Domestic Violence will be filled out under the Victims name.
- Details of this reported crime may be made public.
- To apply for benefits from the Crime Victims Compensation Fund you must file an application and meet the following criteria:
- The crime must be reported to the Law Enforcement Agency where the crime was committed within 72 hours of the event, unless the Board finds there was good cause for failure to report.
- The applicant must be completely cooperative with the Law Enforcement Agency.
- The applicant must file a claim with the Crime Victims Compensation Board within 1 year of the occurrence of the crime.
- Economic loss must exceed $100- except in cases of sexual assault.
Find important numbers in our resource directory.